Edison Chen to Make Come Back in October


It has been over more than a year since the Edison photo scandal sent shockwaves. Following the return of actresses Gillian Cheung and Cecilia Cheung, Edison Chen is staging his own comeback as well.

The 29-year-old performed John Lennon’s Imagine to great response at Hong Kong rapper duo Fama’s recent concert at the Hong Kong Coliseum.

In an interview that followed, Chen, who was one of Hong Kong’s most sought-after actors before the scandal, announced his plan to return to the music scene, latest by October.

He revealed that he is launching an album before October and it will be a channel for him to share his thoughts with his fans.

The bulk of the material will be in Mandarin with the rest being Cantonese numbers, said Chen.

While he is responsible for penning the Cantonese lyrics, he plans to seek help from Taiwanese rapper MC HotDog to churn out the Mandarin lyrics.

“He will help me to translate the original English lyrics to Mandarin," he said.

“I have to write my own lyrics for this album, because I have a lot to say to my fans and I don’t want it to be misinterpreted.”

During his disappearance from the limelight, Chen said he had offers of live performances but he had turned them down because he did not want to perform his previous hits.

On his acting career, he said, “I’m not ready yet to take on any film roles, but it’s important to gain support from the people first."

“I have been staying in the US these few years. The Americans have a whole set of different value system compared to the people in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong people are always after the goals set by the people around them. They should just chill and go for what they really want," he said.

"I’m not asking everyone to accept me. I can only know whether they do when I launch the album."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Box