Has Gillian Chung forgiven Edison Chen?


Don't ever mention that two dirty words to Gillian or she will walk away from the interview. Be warned. She is in Johor Bahru now.

Hong Kong singer-actress Gillian Chung did not let the scandalous photo episode ruin her life.

THIS might not sound like the weepy Gillian Chung whose sexcapade with fellow Hong Kong actor Edison Chen became an international sensation last year: the doll-like actress exudes new-found confidence, maturity and charm when The Daily Chilli, a new online tabloid for The Star group, meets her for an exclusive in Johor Baru, Johor. Throw in a bottle of her favourite Jaz Beer into the conversation and you have a loosened up Chung (I mean it as high praise).

“Not every guy is bad (like Edison),” says Chung who opens up a little about her public humiliation. “I have never given up on love (and men). And I’m not afraid to love again.”

Depression, that is so yesterday. The 28-year-old is much happier and friendlier in person these days – at one point she chats giddily about her admiration for her male personal assistant. “He’s a nice guy. Too bad he’s married.”

But what about Chen, you ask? Forget about her accepting his public apology. (He has even said that he would like to say “hi” to her if they ever cross paths again.)
Confident: ‘I have never given up on love (and men). And I’m not afraid to love again,’ says Gillian Chung.

Judging from the way her personal assistant refers to Chen as “the one whose name should not be mentioned”, Chung has not buried the hatchet.

“But I’m staying positive,” she says, flashing a meaningful smile. “My friends have advised me to stay positive even when I’m feeling down.”

Not even the lewd comments that she gets from her haters can bring her down.

“I must admit that there are people who are doubtful of me,” says the singer-actress about second chances. Or lack of it. “Some even give me the dirty look. But I don’t care what they think. I don’t expect everyone to like me or support me.”

Her biggest concern at the moment is her career comeback. Aside from having secured two handsome product endorsement deals, Chung is also working hard on a new movie project with rising Hong Kong star, William Chen.

“It’s the story of an ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend,” she enthuses. “It’s quite deep stuff. I’m excited ’coz this is the first time I’m working with William.”

Also in the pipeline is her new EP, slated for release soon. “I’m taking up dancing because of that. I hope to do stage shows again in March.”

Next is her top secret new TV drama in China. “Yes, I’ve been busy and I am feeling tired. I haven’t slept well in three days because of my work. But I am happy.”

On the contrary, the hardworking lass says she has never wanted to call it quits at the height of her personal tragedy as reported.

“I’ve never really left the entertainment industry,” she explains. “I just took a long break. I did what I had wanted to do; I learned what I had wanted to learn and filled my time with a lot of charity work, which made me personally fulfilled.”

The dark and trying times have also taught her to live by a simple rule: Go to work, then go home to her family and close friends.

“I’ve decided to do what I like and love the people around me who love me. That way, I don’t have any regrets.”

Seriously, this tough cookie has no regrets about the scandal that almost destroyed her burgeoning career.

“You can’t play grown-up all the time,” Chung reasons. “You never know what will happen in your life. You don’t know for sure whether you’ll regret doing certain things or making certain decisions in your life.”

So, has she completely buried her dark past with Chen? Not quite, because he remains the one whose name should not be mentioned. She doesn’t even want to acknowledge his public apology. “You can ask her indirectly about him, but do not utter the name ‘Edison’. She’ll get upset,” cautions an insider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Box